Sunday, April 3, 2011

The first team was first....


This last week has been a whirlwind of emotions.


This is what went down.

We get in the top three, and we delivered. We took some diet Mt. Dew shots and were good to go. We were pumped, we were ready. We get in there, and we go first. We thought we did pretty well.

Then the other teams go. We were shocked. They completely blew us out of the water. We had no chance whatsoever. We thought, "oh well, that was fun. Hopefully we are not last!"

We felt like we were the team that was added on, for pity. I was texting Carlos the whole time telling him, "We lost, we lost. That was dumb."

The judges go out to deliberate, which took FOREVER. At that point, Cecilly, Kristie, Ryan and I just wanted to leave because we KNEW that we had lost. There was no chance.

One team (that consisted of all boys) had awesome ideas, they were all innovative, and very tech-savy. They kind of made our presentation look like a fourth grader had put ours together. Then the next team had a graphic designer, whose graphics were clean and just so awesome. They also had an awesome idea for the Crunch Stix. It was an awesomely designed tub. The next team had a really simple and clean idea. There was NO WAY that we would win. NO WAY.

Pat, the guy from Kraft, came back to announce the winners. We all looked at each other, we didn't even think we had a chance. I just didn't want the all-guy team to win. Kristie and I had our own lil' bets.

Whilst we were waiting, I got to know the other competitors, and man they sucked. I realized how ALIKE I am from some of them. I realized that maybe I would be ok at Business school, I am very driven and am to no-mercy approach. But W.

We just wanted it to be over.
We all held our breath.

"The first team was first".

OK, well, we know we got last, who won?!?! WHO WON??? Pat kept on talking and everyone looked to each other and thought, who won? One of the professors turned to us, and assured US. That. we. had. won. Wait, what?!?!?
Guess what....
WE WON. WE WON THE CASE COMPETITION.

The feeling was so exhilarating, so awesome. I couldn't believe it. My heart was racing. I felt so awesome. Hey, guess what, I don't even attend the business school, Take that. Fool! We all ran out of there, WOWO. We are so cool. Could you even believe it? WE Won! WE. WON. We all kind of started running around like chickens with their heads cut off. We didn't know who we were, what we were doing. We all decided to meet back up and go have lunch (yes--I missed class--yet again. I only went to a total of 3 classes that week--I usually have 11 classes a week) But it was totally worth it.

It was one of the best feelings in the world. Beating out all of those people. Knowing that you were the best.

And although they changed the price from flying us to New York, we got a cash prize of $2000, and tons of free dinners. We also get to network with tons of different people. And even if it doesn't amount to my getting a job. It's ok--it's just got me thinking about what I can do with my life.

It's hard to believe it's been a week since we presented our case (as semi-finalists)--now look at us. We deserve a pat on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment