Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lose yourself

The movies we love and admire are to some extent a function of who we are when we see them.
Mary Schmich

I've watched a lot of movies this weekend. Call me nervous, call me irresponsible. I may or may not have watched a total of 12 hours of movies this weekend. That's just the way I have coped with the upcoming LSAT. And there is something about watching a movie--the feeling where you can lose yourself for an hour and a half that I have needed. Something about watching a movie with stupid humor, which makes you glad you don't drink. Something about scary slasher film, where the horror never ends.
Something about a chick flick, where you root for Julia Roberts to get her man--but hope you are never the chick that is doubting.
Something about a movie that spoofs all other movie and makes you realize how funny society is.
Something about a movie that shows that Spielburg is a god of movies, his stuff is a classic.
Something about a movie that makes you want to "remember, remember the 5th of November."
I love losing myself in movies. A simple pleasure. But--I promise. I'll be normal after the LSAT. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment