Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Summ up YO life...

Sum up the past two weeks in one sentence:

A spectacular, imaginative 14 days which I did not anticipate at all.

1) I still have managed to convince a wonderful man that I am worth his time. Every time I am with him, I want to be better. I want to be the person that he sees every time he looks at me. We have had so many fun times and it's hard to believe it's only coming up that we have been dating for 3 whole weeks! Seems like an eternity in BYU time. :)

2) Kisses are wonderful. I had my first kiss with my man in a very cliche BYU area…but no matter, it was spectacular. Although he DID steal the first one, I was secretly hoping that he would. For me, it is weird if a guy asks me to kiss me, just DO it already. And then we can laugh about it later.



3) Best friends are the BEST. I have had some ups and downs with the bestie..but that's what it's all about. We know when enough is enough. We can sleep in different places and know that it's ok. We can stay up until 1 am singing about people and laughing. We can go stay at Kim's and have fun--no matter what we are doing. We can always have conversations that make us better--even when they are at the gym on a friday night. We can leave a bag of groceries outside for three hours and not get mad.



4) Things ALWAYS manage to work out--no matter what. I have had a rough time with the parentals because of the whole boyf thing, but IT'S OK. Because I LIKE him. Novel idea eh Watson?

5) People can disappoint and amaze you all in one day. I am an advertising co-chair for the Hunger Banquet, and let me tell ya, there has been no END to the stress. For one, we lost our logo person (which secretly, i was ok with because it gave my design skills a chance to shine (although I have none) and it really worked out). Carlos' roomie was a graphic designer and we honestly pulled off a miracle. There were about 20 freshman that stayed until three am to finish the graphic. Most people don't realize that it is a photo that we took.



6) Disney is GOING!!!! Instead of seven months, I decided to only go for four months. I think it is going to be the better choice because I will get to go with Cecilly and Kristie! Woo hoo hoo!

7) Time heals all things. I was able to have a good conversation with my friend James, even though it was somewhat awkward, I was able to realize that I really am over him and I am so happy with my life right now. Yes, it will always be a lil' weird because we used to like each other, but I am so over being weird about it. I have accepted the fact that he is really good friends with Whitney and Amy and that even though I am sad it's not me he's good friends with, I will see him no matter what and that I can't be bitter, just happy for him and live my life.

8) I love being in command. I know that sounds really bossy or whatnot, but being the one in charge, the one responsible, really changes my perspective.

9) I regret with my whole being majoring in history. WHAT THE F WAS I THINKING?!?!? I have so many more talents in other areas--such as design and negotiation--history was a FAIL. But that's ok, that just makes me more motivated to hone my skills in design and persuasion. Heck, when I am a lawyer, I will save money because I will be able to design my own logo and advertising!

10) I LOVE LISTS. I LOVE CHECK LISTS. SO MUCH. I can't get anything done if I don't have a check list.



11) Cleaning does change your outlook on life. I spent almost all of Sat cleaning (ignoring my SO) but it really helped me get back on track of what I need to do. It's funny how having one part of your life organized helps other aspects of life.

All in all, it's been a very stretching couple of weeks, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment