Thursday, December 8, 2011

What Dreams May Come

If you are looking for a movie that makes you laugh, cry, and think WTF? Then, What Dreams May Come is a great one. Let me explain. . .

What Dreams May Come is one of Carlos' favorite movies. I had never head of it--and I wanted to see what gem this one would be. Last week we watched Dead Poets Society, and I really liked it. And both movies have Robin Williams, so I really wanted to watch it.

WDMC is one of those movies that just makes you think. It makes you think about love, life, and how blessed I am to know where I go after I die. It was quite mesmerizing.

It was all about this man and his love that had two children, the children ended up dying in a car crash. The man and his wife are overcome with grief, but learn to live on. Then, the man dies in another crash. He is taken to "heaven" and later finds that his wife commits suicide and is in hell. He ends up going on a journey to get her back from hell.

It's a total 90s movie, full of the cheese and all that goodness. But one of the most touching parts, the part that made the whole movie worth it was the end part. He ends up getting her back, and they decide to be "reincarnated".

It ends with a little boy and girl meeting on a dock and the girl giving the boy and peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. It was so touching. I was with Carlos and I had to fight not to cry (I cry too much with him). I went to go to the gym. As I got in the car, I immediately started thinking about the movie, and how touching it was. That man risked everything that he had for his wife. The song, 100 Years, came on. I just about lost it.

Sometimes I am so selfish. I think everything is always about me. Sometimes I forget to look around and be thankful for all that I have. Sometimes I get mad because I don't think Carlos is romantic enough. Then I remember how much he has to work to be able to do things with me. I think about the sweet things that he write in emails, the wonderful texts, the letters....and I think how selfish I am. Sometimes I get mad because Carlos has to leave early (on Friday and Sat nights) because of work. Then I think about the nights he has to stay up so that he can earn income. And how he does it all for me. I think that always think about myself, then I think of the times that I sacrifice to be with Carlos. And in reality, none of it's a sacrifice. I want to do it, I want to be with the man that I love.

And then I realize that is what it's all about. If you have two people that are willing to work for something, you can have the strongest love ever. And love isn't always going to be something beautiful. Sometimes you just want to yell at the other person for saying something mean. But the moments where all is calm and you are in each other's arms, and the moment seems to stay still--those are the moments you work for. The moments when you are in a car, and you are laughing uncontrollably because of how happy you are, those are the moments you cherish. Life isn't alway going to be happiness and roses--if you think that--you must be on drugs. And it's ok. It's ok that life isn't what I thought it was going to be. Because, it's a million and one times better than what I thought. And that's just fine by me. 

I want this when Carlos and I get old. :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment