Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Little Things you do are taking me over. . .


Wow.
Wow.
Wowo.

That's all I can say about the past two weeks. I think I am maybe, kind of, sort of, head over heels for a certain boy. And let me tell you why: it's the little things he does.

Taking things that are too heavy for me, opening the door, complementing me, texting me funny things in the morning to wake me up, telling me that I am beautiful, hugging me, acting like I am the only person that matters. The list goes on and on. What did I do to deserve this boy? Correction: this man. He's like none of the other kids I have dated. He is different. WHY?

I ain't nothing special, and I don't think he's figured that out. Let's see how long I can fool him.

This morning, I woke up to a cute lil' note and a box of chocolates. AND a text from him saying, "I hope your day is sweeter than yesterday". What did I do to deserve someone like him?

And I think the thing that most attracts me to him is his quiet, self-confidence. He knows who he is and where he is going. He doesn't have a day-by-day plan, but he has a sense of what he wants. I need that. He also has interests. We can sit for two hours watching Youtube videos and discussing books. He is so grounded. He also has a laugh that makes me smile every time I hear it. And this is only after 3 weeks. This makes me excited for what could happen.

And here's the thing, I haven't let him make certain advances, *cough cough* holding hands. I think I am holding out on holding hands. If I am so head over heels for him, why am I holding out you ask. . .I don't know. Well, ok, I do know. It's because I have only known him for 3 awesome weeks. And it's a little soon for me. And I know he's working for it--I just don't want him to be able to get anything from me easily. He really has got to want it. And I think he does.

Cec hates me for holding out on him--but I can't help it. I think I do it for the thrill, a challenge to myself.

But, maybe, maybe this weekend, I might not be holding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment