Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Best Kind of News

It's the best kind of news when something you so carefully planned and agonized over ends up working out.

News flash:
Carlos and I will be gone from Dec 27th to Jan 1st. 


Yes. I will be able to meet his family! I am so unbelievably excited! I just can't wait. (I guess I will have to)

My parents took it...well. Carlos' dad called Carlos and told him that it would be ok for Carlos to come after Christmas. You don't know the kind of wieght that took off of me. I told Carlos that I was going to meet his family no matter what. I just wanted to make sure that we did everything possible so that I could go and have my parents support.

Everyone was very level headed about it and no one pitched a fit. Carlos and I had even made a GoogleDoc to present to my parents outlining everything that we would be doing for the week. We did get grilled, but we were ready for it. I know that I really wanted this, and need this. Meeting the family will be a great step in our relationship and I am so excited to meet Carlos' family!

Aaaah. Now I just had to get ready for this stupid GMAT.

On a side note: I got to talk to one of my best friends (who happens to be a guy--and not Carlos) for over an hour last night. It was pretty great. And the whole time we spent talking about Carlos--it didn't seem like a bad thing. He did compliment me and tell me how mature I have become, which was pretty awesome. I really needed to hear that. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment