Monday, June 4, 2012

The Working Woes

As I sit at work (I've been here since 6:30 am), I ponder if I would want to even leave where I work.

Let's weigh the pros and cons:

Pros:


  • I can get to work at 6:30 am, not take a break, and be done at 2:30 (and still work 40 hours a week)
  • Free sodas anytime
  • Free lunch on Thursday 
  • I actually like my coworkers
  • I've been here almost a year (i've never, ever done that before)
  • I like what I'm doing (editing, writing, seo stuff)
  • I can watch Hulu while I'm working
  • It's not a high stress job
Cons: 
  • Two people in the last week have quit (one being a manager)
  • I absolutely hate the person over me (he's always late and does nothing)
  • I don't feel my work really makes a difference
  • It's in Thanksgiving Point (30 min to get there)
  • I haven't gotten the promotion I've been promised for months

So here I am. Do I wait it out just a little bit longer? 
Or do I just move on to bigger and better things?

Let's be honest, I know I won't work here forever. I mean, I will be getting my MBA, and moving somewhere else for Carlos' PhD won't really let me stay here, so this is a "temporary solution" after all. 

The problem is, I'm kind of stuck in my groove. I like how relaxed it is, and how I finally have a niche. I've resolved to wait at least a year to work here. Should I wait? Or should I start looking? My gut says start looking, and my practicality tells me to stay. 



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. you can look without leaving, right? I say start looking in your "free time" (since it sounds like you're swimming in it... that was a joke....), and if you find one(s) you like better, jump on it. But it looks stable to stay at a company for a long time, and if you're leaving too soon some (at least good) companies won't be interested in taking on someone that will turn over soon.

    I don't know if you were actually soliciting advice or throwing your thoughts into the great big blogger world. Either way, penny for my thoughts. Someday I'll sell 'em for a dollar. :)

    One word: sleepover.

    ReplyDelete