Thursday, August 9, 2012

And a Recipe (if You've Got a Sweet Tooth)


Today is Thursday!
I am so done with this week.

Although, it seems like I will be spending a lot of time at home alone, which is fine.

I need the time to decorate! 

I've got some cuuuute projects that are planned.

Right now, my projects are for the outside of my house.

A wreath and a doormat.

I can't wait to upload pics soon!

In other news, I start my MBA program in less than a month.

My wonderful hubby made me breakfast, and it was pretty good!


This Watermelon sorbet recipe is legit!
Especially if you want to save on the calories...or just take advantage of all of the yummy watermelon that is around!

1 cup sugar (I used Splenda, and it tastes just as good, and no calories!)
1/2 cup water 
1/4 cup lemon juice (I haven't put in the lemon juice both times I've made this, I just put in more water)
3 cups watermelon 

Directions: 
1 Cook the sugar, water and lemon juice together, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. 
2. Remove from heat and chill. 
3 Cut up the watermelon and remove all seeds. 
4 Puree in a blender or food processor. 
5 Stir into chilled syrup. 
6 Freeze in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. 
7 Pack into an airtight container and store in the freezer.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/watermelon-sorbet-64721?oc=linkback

It's light, refreshing, and you don't have to worry about the extra fattyness. 
Enjoy! :) 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment