Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Donut Ice Cream: Say What?!

Can I just say, I absolutely adore being married. It's probably the greatest thing ever.

Last night, I got frustrated though, and being that fat kid I am, I made Donut Ice Cream. You read right. Obviously I am on no diet of any kind, and I had extra donuts (the hubs may have bought some cake donuts on sale at Macy's--but we're not fat!)

And this is the recipe I followed. Fat, but good, good fat. And plus, I can use the "I'm on my period excuse" for this...

And here's the post that I got it from.


Here's what you are going to need:

2 large eggs (since the eggs are not cooked, you may want to use pasteurized eggs)
3/4 cup of sugar
2 cups of heavy cream
1 cup of whole milk
3 Krispy Kreme donuts (I used cake donuts)



Whisk the eggs until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. 

Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time. BLend it completely. 

Add the heavy cream and whole milk.

Mix well.

Chop the donuts up until they are crumbs.

Add to the ice cream mixture.

Pour the mixture into your ice cream freezer

Freeze according to your ice cream maker recommendations.


How utterly decadent and yummy. 
And fat too. 
And fat. :) 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment