Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I have the best. . .guy friends

Did I ever tell you that my guy friends are better than yours?

Well, they are. And ladies, listen up.

I have the kindest, awesomest, coolest guy friends ever.
And I am not overeaggerating. After a little episode with a "friend', I decided that I was going to cut all ties with that person. (so far, it hasn't been working out too great. I guess that person is just such a part of me that I can't bear to let them go. And I know that it drives everyone around me crazy. I am sorry. I don't even know what I want. And I am sorry you have to hear me whine and mope about it. I am trying, really, really hard. But I know you don't see the effort, all you see is the result. And it's not lookin' good.

This is when I realized that I have the best guy friends that a girl could ever hope for. And is it weird that I want them all to be married? Any girl that catches their eye should count themselves lucky. These guys are great listeners, they tell you how it is, and they truly, honestly care. And it's not the type of care where it's because they like you. It's the kind of caring where they love you no matter what you do. That's how much they care.

One guy friend--we are in the same class together, and without fail, he always has a spot for me. And wanna know the best part? He always makes sure that it's left-handed. It's like what Cecilly said, "It's all about the little things that you do that makes you who you are."

It defines you. I guess the little things matter. Another friend, he has sat through my ranting and raving about certain individual--even going as far as to taking me on a repelling adventure because I needed to get out.

Another friend waits for me after class and then tries to convince me (and is pretty close in convincing me) that i need my own i-clicker.

Another friend sent me a message just telling me how cool I am (which is so obviously false) but it was so sweet.

I am amazed at the high caliber of men that I know. And feel privileged that they even talk/pay attention to me. I don't deserve their time. I obviously don't know how to pick 'em because I fell for the one idiot that I know. Why can't I like the ones that do care for me? O maybe, because I am an idiot. Go me.

Even though, personally, I have given up on the whole dating game, I know that there are good guys out there, and I am lucky to know some of the best.

Here's to the men that I know. Please don't let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment