Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm Going to squeeze every last drop out of LIFE....

So, as horrible as the title of this post may sound, this is my new goal. I want to live everyday like its my last. Don't get worried people, I mean it in the sense, that I am not going to get my panties in a bunch about little things. I am going to be forgiving, I am going to SQUEEZE EVERY LAST DROP OUT OF LIFE.

So last post I was griping about the things that are wrong with me. Then I realized, you know what...my life could suck a whole lot more. Why get strung up about something so lame? Obviously it was/is something that really matters to me, but why spend my energy on something that probably didn't even make the other person lose any sleep over? Sounds silly to me. Big picture here. Big picture.

After going to bed at *cough cough* five am...(being a sad, sorry loser--at least in my view) and getting up at eight to frantically run to my sewing class, I realized that life is...well...fantastic, amazing, hard , fun, challenging, stressful, unforgetable... THE BEST THING THAT I COULD EVER HOPE FOR. It's all about what you chose to do in a situation that defines who you are. And you know what...despite the fact that it's almost been 24 hours since I have last taken a shower, and that I have slept in my clothes that I worked out in, I couldn't feel better. Cleaner--yes, and smelling better--DEFINATELY yes.

But, here's the thing, it's all about your mindset. It really is. I don't know how long I have been denying that fact, but it's so absofreakingly true. I haven't been back to my apartment for about 12 hours. And you know, I miss it. I miss it bad. But then, I got to see my brother, I got to meet a new friend, I was productive.

And I decided, that, in order to get the most juice out of life, I am going to have to change some things. Here's my list:

1) Smile. As cliche and lame as this sounds, smiling makes you feel so much better about yourself. I have had three people in the last couple of days tell me that when I smile, it makes me 100 times more approchable.

2) Find a reason to laugh when things get stressful.

3) Don't be angry about something more than two hours.

4) Do a random act of kindness for a stranger.

5) Workout/play at least an hour a day

6)BE THANKFUL for everything I have given. Truly, I have nothing to be crying about. I am off to keep this list! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment