Friday, December 10, 2010

O the things people think...

Today, I spent all-day with one of my good friends.

It was a reading day today. I honestly don't know why they call it that, not a whole lot of reading goes on.

I got an email from Cecilly, it was explaining song lyrics that we had recently listen to. It talked about vulnerability, and I kind of went soap box drama on her. This is part of what I wrote her:

"I have never really thought about how being vulnerable can be beautiful. I have always wanted to be the perfect person, I don't want to show people my faults. People find that hard to connect to. Yes, it is something that they admire, but on a different, more personal level, there can be no connection there. It is almost like the prophets of today. They seem so perfect, and I strive to be like them, but would I really want an apostle as a friend? Probably not, they are so much above me and so much of what I am lacking, that it is hard to connect. But when apostles tell people stories where they don't succeed, where they do something "wrong" you see them differently. They are human, you can connect. You see that they can make mistakes, you realize that there is hope for you."

I feel cool quoting myself. Soon after this, my friend and I went to our "dinner group", oh how assumptions were made. It is so funny how people of the opposite sex can't be friends.

Given the history we have had together, it is understandable, but, don't make assumptions if you have no idea what's going on. Heck, I don't even. But, today, in the the library, I made a goal, a challenge, if you will.

I wrote on my laptop, on an orange sticky note, "DON'T THINK...ACT". Although this mantra does not apply to everything in life, I think it applies perfectly to what is going on in my life. I need to stop thinking about things, I have done that enough. I need to act, stop thinking about my life, and lamenting, just finally LIVING life is what I need to strive to do.

Enough with the thinking, now for the doing. This is my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment